Friday, February 22, 2013

Impatient Football Fan Anxiously Waits for Next Season

Waiting for the next NFL season to start is agonizing. As a big Seahawks fan, I wish I could watch them play year-round. I’m never ready for the season to finish and the way that it ended for us this year makes it especially frustrating. The Seahawks fell to the Atlanta Falcons after making what would have been the most impressive comeback in NFL playoff history. It makes me wonder what would’ve happened if they had been able to hold on to the lead for just a little longer. Regardless of the loss, the team looked significantly better this year and I have high hopes for the near future.

Becoming a Seahawks season ticket holder was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve always enjoyed watching Seahawks games on television, but being there in person is an entirely different experience. The enthusiastic screaming fans, with their faces painted blue, white, and green, wear the jerseys of their favorite players. They truly believe that they have an impact on the game, and as a fan, I do too. It’s the reason why we stand up every time our opponent is on third down, making as much noise as humanly possible. We take pride in being the loudest fans in the NFL, statistically speaking, since Century Link Field has logged more false starts than any other stadium for the past several years.

When game day arrives, the energy in downtown Seattle is unbelievable. Fans arrive many hours before the game to tailgate. Burgers and hot dogs sizzle, creating a wonderful scent that cause passersby to salivate. People pass around footballs, share favorite football stories, and discuss what they feel is most necessary for our team to finish the game with a win. The environment is so pleasing to me and it’s almost depressing that I’ll have to wait another six months before experiencing it again. I just keep telling myself, “At least you have something to look forward to!” September needs to get here faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment